Rob and Michele Reiner death reports suddenly sealed in mystery court order requested by LAPD

Rob and Michele Reiner's death reports have been sealed by court order, which was "initiated by" the Los Angeles Police Department.

On Monday, the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner posted a press release stating that although Michele and Rob's cause of death reports were already made public, they have removed them.

"While the cause and manner of death were previously released on these cases, due to the court order, the information is no longer available. No other case information or records, including the Medical Examiner report, can be released or posted on the website until further notice," the press release stated, noting that a "security hold" has been placed for the time being.

The press release stated that the Medical Examiner's department received the court order on December 24 at 10:30 am.

 The Medical Examiner's office noted that more information will be shared once the court order has been lifted.

ROB REINER AND WIFE MICHELE'S DEATH CERTIFICATES RELEASED

Fox News Digital has reached out to the LAPD for comment.

On Dec. 23, Rob and Michele's death certificates were released.

According to the death certificates obtained by Fox News Digital from the Los Angeles County Public Health Department, the couple were cremated at Mount Sinai Mortuary. 

The certificates also confirmed what was revealed last week by the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's office that the Reiners died due to multiple sharp force injuries. The certificates stated the injuries were caused "with knife, by another."

LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING? CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

On Sunday, Dec. 14, police discovered the bodies of Rob and Michele in the primary bedroom of their home in Brentwood, California. 

The couple's son, Nick, was quickly named a person of interest in the investigation, and hours later, around 9:15 p.m. local time that same day, he was arrested.

On Dec. 16, authorities charged Nick in the double homicide of his parents. He was charged with two counts of first-degree murder with a special circumstance of multiple murders.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

"He also faces a special allegation that he personally used a dangerous and deadly weapon, that being a knife," Los Angeles County District Attorney Nathan Hochman said during a press conference. "These charges carry a maximum sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole, or the death penalty."

No decision has been made on whether prosecutors will seek the death penalty.

Nick made his first court appearance in the case on Dec. 17, where his lawyer, famed defense attorney Alan Jackson, requested a continuance. His arraignment is now set for Jan. 7.

Fox News Digital's Christina Dugan Ramirez contributed to this report.

State officials and daycare manager push back on viral video fraud allegations in Minnesota

Minnesota officials and a daycare manager denied fraud allegations Monday after a viral video questioned state-funded child care centers, with both sides disputing claims that the facility was closed or improperly collecting taxpayer money.

The allegations stem from a viral video posted by independent journalist Nick Shirley showing visits to several Minnesota daycare facilities, including Quality Learning Center in Minneapolis, which appeared inactive during the visit despite receiving state child care assistance funds.

At a news conference Monday, Minnesota Department of Children, Youth and Families Commissioner Tikki Brown said prior inspections of the centers did not uncover fraud and that regulators are conducting additional unannounced visits to review concerns raised by the video.

"We are aware of a video that's being circulated that has gained local and national attention about child care centers in Minnesota," Brown said. "While we have questions about some of the methods that were used in the video, we do take the concerns that the video raises about fraud very seriously."

COMER WARNS 'WALLS ARE CAVING IN' ON TIM WALZ AS MINNESOTA FRAUD PROBE WIDENS

Brown said each facility mentioned in the video has been visited at least once in the past six months as part of the state’s licensing process, with annual inspections conducted without advance notice to assess normal operations.

She added that inspectors found children present during those visits and that none of the prior reviews uncovered fraud.

"None of those investigations uncovered findings of fraud," Brown said, adding that there is currently no pause on payments to the centers named in the video.

FBI SURGES RESOURCES TO MINNESOTA AS PATEL CALLS $250M FRAUD SCHEME 'TIP OF ICEBERG'

Brown also acknowledged questions about the timing of the video visits, noting that regulators are seeking clarity on whether footage was recorded during operating hours or on days when centers were scheduled to be open.

Meanwhile, the manager of Quality Learning Center forcefully rejected the allegations, saying the video misrepresented the facility by filming outside posted hours and falsely suggesting the business was inactive.

"There’s no fraud going on whatsoever," said Ibrahim Ali, the center’s manager. "Kids come to us, clients come to us, their parents come to us – they’re here daily, they leave on time, they come on time. There is no fraud going on whatsoever."

MASSIVE MEDICAID FRAUD SCHEME PUTS MINNESOTA’S FEDERAL FUNDING AT RISK — AND FALLOUT COULD WIDEN

Ali said the center operates Monday through Thursday from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m., serving primarily after-school children, and has remained open for more than eight years without interruption.

He also disputed claims made during the state briefing that the center had closed due to space concerns, calling that assertion false.

"We haven’t closed. We’ve never closed," Ali said. "There was never a time where kids were told to stop coming. There was never a time we told our employees to stop coming. All that is false information."

'EPICENTER OF FRAUD': MINNESOTA'S EMPTY STOMACHS, FAKE AUTISM THERAPY AND A SCANDAL THAT COULD TOP $2 BILLION

Ali said the scrutiny has been damaging to the business and the broader Somali community, arguing that allegations were amplified without evidence and unfairly linked to ethnicity.

"Are you trying to record that we’re doing fraud or are you trying to put the Somali name and the fraud in the same sentence?" Ali said. "That’s what really hurt us the last couple of days."

State officials said additional site visits are underway and emphasized that any credible evidence of fraud would be investigated, while Ali invited media and inspectors to return during operating hours to observe normal activity.

MISSPELLED ‘LEARNING’ CENTER, NO CHILDREN INSIDE: EMMER PRESSES WALZ OVER MINNESOTA DAYCARE TIED TO $4M

The response follows the release of a 42-minute video by Shirley, posted Friday on X and YouTube, documenting visits to several daycare centers in the state, including a location on Nicollet Avenue in Minneapolis.

In the video, Shirley and another man are seen at what appears to be a largely inactive child care facility. The building also displays a misspelled sign reading "Quality Learing Center," even though the center is reportedly supposed to account for 99 children and received roughly $4 million in state funds.

During a Sunday appearance on Fox News’ "The Big Weekend Show," Shirley said the alleged fraud in Minnesota was "so obvious" that a "kindergartner could figure out that there is fraud going on."

TIM WALZ PUSHES BACK ON MINNESOTA FRAUD ALLEGATIONS FOLLOWING VIRAL DAYCARE VIDEO

Shirley also suggested other journalists may be reluctant to pursue similar reporting out of fear of being labeled "Islamophobic" or "racist."

"Fraud is fraud, and we work too hard simply just to be paying taxes and enabling fraud to be happening," he said.

The video has sparked widespread backlash, drawing criticism of Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz throughout the weekend from several high-profile figures, including Vice President JD Vance, Rep. Mike Lawler, R-N.Y., Donald Trump Jr. and Elon Musk.

Fox News Digital’s Sophia Compton contributed to this report.

About Us

Virtus (virtue, valor, excellence, courage, character, and worth)

Vincit (conquers, triumphs, and wins)